The well-being of our patients, staff and community is our main priority.
Just like you, we are closely monitoring the course of the novel coronavirus disease.
We are now able to once again provide dental care for our patients.
Rest assured, our clinic follows procedures designed to create the safest environment for you, other patients, and our team. Here are some of the steps we are taking to promote the health and safety of our patients and allow you to continue feeling comfortable when you visit our clinic.
For our patients, we:
• Conduct a risk assessment and screen all patients for respiratory symptoms a day before an appointment ...and upon arrival at the clinic
• Provide antibacterial hand sanitizer at the entrance
• Measure body temperature with a non-contact thermometer
• Follow infection prevention and control recommendations made by our governing body and Public Health
• Increase length of appointments to allow for physical distancing between patients and more time for ...thorough disinfection of all touch surfaces in treatment rooms
• Wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required by specific treatment guidelines
• Treat you with same care, gentleness, and dedication
In the reception area, we:
• Facilitate distancing for essential caregivers and parents of minors
• Installed an acrylic barrier to protect out staff
• Disinfect all counters and touch surfaces frequently
We also upgraded air filtration system by installing a duct HEPA air cleaner with UV light and photo catalytic filter. This filter will help keep our air clean as well as allergen and virus free.
To further ensure a safe clinical environment, we require all team members to conduct daily pre-work screening and measure body temperature.
With all of this in mind, if you are not feeling well or exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms (e.g. cough, fever, sore throat), we ask that you call our office to reschedule your appointment and contact your medical doctor for further guidance. We also would like to ask patients to brush their teeth prior to coming for appointments and bring a pair of sunglasses and pen, if at all possible.
For our new patients, we kindly ask that you print and fill out the Medical Questionnaire Form prior to coming for your initial appointment.
We look forward to seeing you and your family again. If you have any questions about the above, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Thank you for choosing Goderich Dental Centre and we ask that you continue following public health guidelines to reduce local spread of COVID-19!